sundass asked: Hello! After using the Aphogee treatment, did your hair get curlier/healthier? My hair is extremely heat damaged, and my right side refuses to curl. Do you think it'll restore my natural curls?
Thanks for the question!
I love the Aphogee two step protein treatment. I absolutely feel that the protein helps my curls pop and improves the overall health of my hair….but how your hair will respond to it depends on how far gone your hair is.
Heat damage can range from a slight elongation of your curl pattern that can be remedied in one or two protein treatments, all the way to damage that’s irreversible.
So I’d say try it a couple times and if there’s no improvement then it’s probably permanent damage and you’ll have to decide whether you want to grow it out or cut it off.
Hello All :)
I had an amazing braid out this weekend and I figured I’d share what I did. Of course it was at an ungodly hour so there weren’t any pictures taken (lmao) but here’s what I did:
1) pre-poo’d with coconut oil
2) washed with shampoo…focusing primarily on roots
3) deep conditioned with a mix of conditioners and honey and EVOO
4) steamed in the steam room
5) rinsed with water
6) sprayed scalp with Shea moisture’s ‘dry scalp relief’ spray
7) sprayed hair with giovanni leave-in spray
8) took small sections and detangled with a mix of kinky curly knot today, aloe vera gel, and Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie
9) braided hair into six braids
So the detangling took FOREVER and a ton of hair came out (which I was expecting since it’d been three+ weeks since I’d done my hair last lol)…but all in all my hair felt good, curls were popping, and the results were FABULOUS!!
I’m going to do it again soon and we’ll see if this last time was just a fluke. I STILL am looking for a new deep conditioner :-/…so once I find that, I think my styling sessions will be even more productive lol.
On day three it’s def. feeling a little dry but not terrible. I’ll moisturize and steam tonight and let you know how it feels tomorrow.